Sunday, May 27, 2007

Plymouth CND Quiz Night


Friday night's Quiz Night staged by Plymouth CND went off quite well considering none of us had organised such an event before. Despite us not having as many people turn up as we would have liked, the evening was a success. We raised a little money, and most importantly, everyone had a good time.


I had the dubious honour of being the compere for the evening, reading out the questions through a microphone in my think Scottish brogue. Pleasingly, I was understood most of the evening!


To save embarrassment, the names of the members of the PCND team who came in last with a score of 13 out of 50 will be withheld. Their efforts won them the booby-prize, which to be fair was far too good for them!


Afterwards, a couple of us went to the Princess's place and talked the night through with a bottle of vodka, in between sessions on the guitar. The following day I awoke at 2pm, which was slightly problematic as I was supposed to be at meeting at 12... Hopefully I will be forgiven as this is something I am not known for - missing meetings, or staying up all night drinking vodka.



Hopefully we will be able to use the venue we had on Friday again, for other events. Next time we will have to promote the event a bit better, and time it better. I don't think it did us any favours that Friday was the start of half-term, and the Bank Holiday. One or two of us aired the notion of putting on an open mic/karaoke night, which I think is a fantastic idea. I can just see myself scaring the punters with a punk version of Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy'!

Who said political activism can't be fun!?